Check Point’s Secure OS group is responsible for designing, developing, upgrading and maintaining GAiA OS, Check Point’s Linux based OS.
OS Solutions team is the face of the group towards many interfaces (internal and external), and as such is required to be able to handle issues in all variety of aspects (Linux kernel, open source packages, orchestration, configuration, monitoring, etc…) We are looking for a quick learning engineer who can navigate through an unfamiliar code, analyze the behavior of complex environments, code and scripts, integrate various HW components, configure Linux features and provide bug fixes, improvements, and sophisticated solutions.
As a developer in the OS Solutions team, you will take part in all of the assignments which are commonly handled by the team, such as:
- Debugging, Troubleshooting and search innovative solution to complex OS problems
- Work closely with other R&D groups to provide OS related infrastructures solutions
- Work directly with Check Point customers to provide solutions for real field problems
- Develop tailored features for specific customers
- Find and resolve security vulnerabilities in GAiA OS
- Integrate and configure various HW components
- Upgrades and updates of Open Source software, including the Linux kernel
- Programming in C in Linux
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems Internals
- Knowledge of Networking concepts and protocols in Linux
- Ability to integrate HW components
- Ability to work in a stressful, multitasking environment