This is a unique opportunity to be a member of a new team within Check Point, a large, profitable and fast growing company, located in Tel-Aviv.
Check Point is widely recognized as the leading global security vendor and one of Israel’s most successful and innovative companies. The Data Science team utilizes large scale analytics, machine learning, text mining, and other advanced technologies.
Design and develop novel data driven solutions that have the potential to deliver game changing results.
- Join the research and development of new innovative products and capabilities for cyber security, involving machine learning, algorithms, and performance and scalability optimizations.
- Quickly iterate on design approaches and POCs based on data and user feedback.
- Push the solutions all the way to delivery on large scale production systems. Understand the architectural constraints, integration and operational needs of such systems and work with a cross-organizational engineering and product team to quickly transition from prototype to a scalable robust implementation.
- 2+ years of work experience after graduation.
- Good understanding of how computers can solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (with data structures, systems programming and algorithms courses).
- Research background, algorithms, statistics, machine learning and large data set analysis.
- Creative, bright, out of the box thinker, motivated, quick learner, goal driven, focused.
- Proven ability to build and deliver solutions in a short time frame.
- Team player, strong communication skills, good English.
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language, preferably Python.
- Active github or kaggle accounts – a big advantage
- Master’s degree – an advantage.
- Familiarly with Linux and open source frameworks and tools – an advantage.
- Background in networking – an advantage. Cyber security background – an advantage.
- Big Data (NoSQL, SQL) – an advantage.