Check Point is looking for a Group Manager to lead the System Infrastructure Group in MIS department.
The role includes managing 3 Team Leaders and ~11 team members.
The group provides:
- Maintenance and Support of physical and virtual computing infrastructure, networking, storage, back up, monitoring, DBs and data centers for internal and external use.
- Initiation, architecture design, installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, patch installations, upgrades, of the systems in charge
- 24/7 ‘2nd tier On Call’ systems support for business critical environments
- 10+ years of experience as an IT professional
- 5 + years’ experience as a Team Leader ; Proven management skills
- Experienced with installing, managing, maintaining and troubleshooting mission critical and complex production environments
- Strong understanding of general computing and networking fundamentals
- Hands-on experience in Linux (preferably Red Hat / CentOS) and Windows operating systems and related technologies
- Hands-on experience in virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere…) & enterprise Storage systems
- Open source technologies experience
- DB Administration knowledge, SAP basis knowledge, Middleware knowledge -- advantage
- DevOps experience- Automation, Deployment, Provisioning tools -- advantage
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Linux shells, Python), ability to write automation procedures and jobs
- Experience with creating and implementing working flow procedures
- Great interpersonal skills, communication capabilities, service orientation, sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work in a dynamic environment