Is Linux your passion?
Check Point’s SecureOS group is responsible for designing, developing, upgrading and maintaining GAiA OS, Check Point’s Linux based OS.
We are looking for an experienced Linux software engineer, a skilled developer who can ‘dive’ into the internals of Linux and adjust them to Check Point customers' needs. An innovative, self-motivating, quick learning developer who can navigate through an unfamiliar code, analyze the behavior of complex environments, code and scripts, and provide bug fixes, improvements, and sophisticated solutions.
If you have the passion for Linux, Networking and Security – we are looking for you!
As a team member in the OS Core team, you will take part in all of the assignments which are commonly handled by the team, such as:
- Develop new infrastructure for interact with the linux kernel
- Design and shape the future OS of Check Point
- Debugging, Troubleshooting and search innovative solution to complex kernel level problems
- Add new hardware support to GAiA OS
- Add new features and functionalities to GAiA OS
- Find and resolve security vulnerabilities in GAiA OS
- Upgrades and updates of Open Source software, including the Linux kernel
- 4+ years of experience in programming in C in Linux
- 4+ years of experience in Linux Operating Systems Internals
- Knowledge of Networking concepts and protocols in Linux
- Experience working with Kernel Modules/Drivers
- Familiarity with kernel hardware interfaces and concepts (ACPI, TPM, numa, etc) – Advantage
- Familiarity with Open Source projects – Advantage
- Ability to work in a multitasking environment
- Quick learning ability